White Lightning Chicken Chili
(Pampered Chef Recipe)
3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
6 cloves roasted garlic1 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
3 cans (15 ounces each) Great Northern beans, drained, rinsed and divided
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3 can (14 1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
2 Tablespoons Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
1 Tablespoon cold water
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, snipped
1. Chop onion and jalapeno peppers using Food Chopper.
2. Drain 1 can of beans using 1-Qt Colander. Transfer to 1 3/4-Qt. Colander Bowl. Gently squeeze garlic from papery skins into beans in bowl; mash using Nylon Masher. Drain remaining 2 cans of beans and set aside.
3. Heat oil in Generation II 6-Qt. Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno peppers; cook 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add chicken, mashed bean-garlic mixture, whole beans, chicken broth, Seasoning Mix and lime juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes.
4. Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to chili and continue cooking 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Snip cilantro wth Kitchen Shears; stir into chili just before serving. Ladle chili into soup bowls using Nylon Ladle.
Yeild: 8 servings
For chili with more heat, substitute 1/3 cup chopped, canned hot nacho slices for the jalapeno peppers.Substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin for Southwestern Seasoning Mix, if desired.