Friday, December 14, 2007

Lasagna

Another freezer-friendly meal.

1 1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 qt. Spaghetti sauce
6-10 fresh lasagna noodles (I use the boxed kind, but I'm sure fresh would taste even better)
1 pt. cottage cheese
1/2 c. freshly shredded parmesan cheese
1 egg
1 T. chives
1/4 c. grated parmesan
1 lb. mozzarella cheese

Brown & drain sausage. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer. Boil and dry lasagna noodles. Drain cottage cheese and add egg, chives, and grated parmesan. Butter a glass dish and put small amount of meat mixture in the bottom to coat. Place 1 layer of noodles then 1/2 of the sauce. Layer all of the cottage cheese mixture. Next, put on the second layer of noodles and then the rest of the sauce. Top with mozzarella and freshly shredded parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.

*I don't cook my noodles. I prepare this the night before and then refigerate (overnight) or freeze it. The noodles will soften in the sauce.

No comments: