Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tomato-Beef-Macaroni Soup

1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
1/4 C butter
2-4 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 - 2 Qt tomato juice
2 t salt
pepper
1 1/2 T brown sugar
1/4 t seasoning salt
1/4 t parsley
1/3 c diced onion
1/2 lb elbow macaroni, cooked

Mix all soup ingredients except macaroni. Add enough tomatoes and tomato juice to make a soup that has the consistency you want. Simmer and add seasonings to taste. Add cooked macaroni. Heat through. Serve with grated cheddar.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Does this freeze well?

Nora's world said...

I've never tried... but I am sure it would. I would freeze the soup before adding the pasta. Then make fresh pasta when you defrost the soup. I have never had much luck freezing cooked pasta. Thanks for the idea... I'm going to try freezing next time I make it!