Thursday, January 31, 2008

Southwestern Pasta Bake

An Italian-style dish with a southwestern flavor. My kids devoured it.


Ingredients

1 box Pene pasta
1 lb hamburger, browned
½ onion, diced
1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
2 8oz cans of tomato sauce
1 cup salsa
8oz ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded cheese (I use the pre-done mexican mix)


1) Preheat oven to 350. Brown meat in pan with onion, drain. I added a little bit of the SouthWestern seasoning by Pampered Chef. You could add some taco seasoning or nothing. :D
2) Cook pasta according to package directions.
3) Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa and ricotta cheese to meat and onion mix in skillet. Toss with pasta.
4) Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Add mixture to pan and sprinkle with cheese.
5) Bake in oven about 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted.


You don’t have to add the ricotta, I did and I loved it! Served our family of 4 and lots of leftovers for my lunch.

No comments: