Saturday, January 30, 2010

Crockpot Southwestern Chicken

This is the best thing ever and is sooooo easy! I got it from another food blog but I make this often since my kids love it also. Enjoy, I know we did!

* 1 small bag frozen corn
* 1 can black beans -drained and rinsed
* 2 large frozen chicken breasts (this is enough, 3 may be ok but 4 is too much!)
* 1 16 oz jar of MEDIUM salsa (do not use mild, the flavor is not the same)

- Put the chicken, then corn, then beans and salsa all in the crockpot on high for 1 hour then low for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork and mix together

You can do anything you want with it. I make mini borrito's out of it and for the kids I make quesadilla's and they love it. Add sour cream, alvacado, cheese and eat. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yummy, my whole family loves Mexican food. This sounds so simple and really kid friendly. I'm going make this tonight! Thanks for the great recipe.