Saturday, January 30, 2010

Chicken Brushetta

This was REALLY good. I used that Texas Toast from the freezer section, and it was good, but I think it would have been better to use some big french rolls and toast them myself in the broiler. And probably a little better for you....but it was a HIT with everyone. It even made enough to have another night! I froze the leftovers.
http://www.frugalmenumamas.com/?p=585

Chicken Brushetta

1 lb chicken (I use tenderloins)
Italian Dressing

1 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
2 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Fresh basil, as much or as little as you like

1 frozen garlic bread (Texas Toast)

-Cube chicken (I just leave the tenderloins whole) and place in freezer bag with ½ cup Italian Dressing.(maranade overnight or for a few hours)

-Saute onions in olive oil. Add garlic. Stir in tomatoes. Take off of heat and cool slightly. Add basil.

To prepare:
Prepare garlic bread according to directions on box.

Saute chicken until no longer pink. Stir in tomato mixture. Serve chicken and tomato over the garlic bread or on the side.

No comments: