Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Scalloped Potatoes

Ingredients:
8 Baked Potatoes
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 tsp Salt (opt.)
1/2 cube butter or margarine, softened not melted (I just put it up into cubes and mixed it in)
1 pint sour cream
1 med. onion chopped fine (we used green onions)
2 cups grated cheese (used a little more than 2 cups)

Instructions:
Bake potatoes. Peel and slice (we left the peels on). Mix all the ingredients. Add sliced potatoes. Place mixture in 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 until hot & bubbly.

*If using boiled potatoes use only 1 can of soup and less then 1 pint sour cream.


Recipe by: Flossie Kay of Heyburn Idaho

3 comments:

Tanya said...

SOO good! and easy. My kids loved it!!! I boiled the potatoes and used light sour cream and low fat cream of chicken...tasted great!

Heather said...

Hey Tanya...these are called funeral potatoes here. I use defrosted hash browns because it's faster and add diced ham to it to make it more of a main dish. Just thought I'd share! I also use the low fat cream of chicken and fat free sour cream. Mmm..so good.

Kelly said...

We make those too...also call them funeral potatoes, and put crushed up cornflakes on the top.