This is fast & easy!!! and SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.
This Makes enough for about 2 casserole dishes (8-10 pple) (bake one and freeze or refridgerate another).
1 - 16 oz package dry ziti pasta (or penne)
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 white onion chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic (optional)
2 28 oz jars spaghetti sauce ( I used HUNTS 1 can marinara sauce and 1 can sauce with italian sausage flavor) * you probably wont use all of the sauce*
*for the cheese, you can choose how much you want to add and what kind-the more the better :)**
6 oz provolone cheese
6 oz sliced mozzarella cheese
1 bag of Shredded italian cheese mixture.
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 1/2 boxes pasta & cook until "al dente" dont let it get mushy.
2. In skillet Brown the beef, Add onions, garlic & saute until tender. Drain off fat. Add about 1/2 of the Spaghetti sauce to beef (save rest for later). Simmer 15 minutes.
3. preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Mix sour cream and pasta noodles in a large bowl.
5. In a lightly greased 2 quart baking dish, place a level of pasta on bottom of pan. Top with Meat mixture. Top with a single layer of Provolone, mozzarella, & other cheeses you want to add.
6. Pour a small layer of more spaghetti sauce on top of cheese. Sprinkle parmesean cheese on top of that & sprinkle basil lightly around the top of the entire pan.
7. REPEAT IN ANOTHER PAN IF YOU HAVE EXTRA.
8. Bake covered for 20 minutes & remove foil and bake another 10-20 minutes until bubbly & heated through.